Our trainings welcome anyone who is interested in bringing healthy coping strategies to youth! You do not need to be a yoga teacher or have a yoga background to participate.
Through data-driven techniques, engaging lectures, hands-on learning, and group activities, you will finish the training with the knowledge and ability to begin teaching right away. Our lesson plan structure allows you to feel confident teaching classes that everyBODY enjoys. Each training offers participants a solid foundation on which to build their own individual style of teaching.
Whether you want to teach for five minutes in your classroom, teach an hour in an enrichment class, or use the tools to create a peaceful environment, our training will give you the skills to bring yoga and mindfulness into any environment. All trainings offered by Radiant Beginnings are secular and appropriate for parents, educators, therapists, or anyone interested in bringing yoga and mindfulness to youth.
A manual is included to help support you after the training along with a certificate of completion.
We hold a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider® (YACEP®) designation.
- We are a data-driven and evidence-based program using a curriculum shared in hundreds of schools.
- Community partner of Denver Public Schools and the After School Alliance with continued data-collection
- Partnerships with over 50 schools
- We use a trauma-informed approach to address diverse learning styles
- We have partnered with Denver University, Regis University and the University of Southern Maine to collect data on emotional health outcomes
- Trained hundreds of people over the last 9 years
- Trainees walk away with tools to help youth with social-emotional learning skills, mindfulness, yoga, self-regulation, stress resilience, and healthy coping strategies
- We create a safe space for participants to come as they are. Trainees share that they love accessing their inner child and enjoy this time for healing and self-care
- Offering trainings in Denver, CO and Portland, ME
- Breathing exercises
- Youth-friendly mindful movement
- Partner poses/relationship builders
- Brain games
- Guided Imagery/Relaxation scripts
- Lesson plan structure along with sample plans
- Lesson plan themes
- Positive behavior management
- Teacher conduct
- Mindfulness + Mindfulness Activities
- Brain Function and how to teach children about the brain
- How trauma affects the brain & body
- Prop ideas
- Teaching practice
- How to create a peaceful environment
- Safety Precautions
- Community builders
- Educating the Whole Child
- Creating a physical and emotionally safe environment
- Creating routines and consistency for successful classes
- How to create a safe space for youth to pause, connect to their bodies and minds and regulate their emotions in a child-friendly way.
- How to develop a toolkit for stress resilience, anxiety relief, and self-care for self and others.
- Understand and provide compassionate behavior management + community building to ensure classes/practices are inclusive of all bodies and minds.
- Create developmentally-appropriate lessons geared toward youths’ social, emotional and physical needs.
- Provide youth with lifelong skills for success.
Virtual Kids Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Training
Dates: 6 weeks on Sundays via Zoom
July 5th, 12, 19, 26
Time: 4:00pm-6:00pm MST
Price: Sliding Scale– $360-$485: For more information
A portion of sales will go toward Black Visions Collective
*Our lesson plan outline offers participants a solid foundation on which to build their own unique style of connection with students.
*Community and connection to self and others are emphasized to create a physically and emotionally safe space for all to thrive using a trauma-informed approach.
*Help support attention, compassion, emotional- regulation, and resilience in youth.
About trainer Jennifer Werner:
For the past 23 years, Jenny has been a visual arts teacher for Denver Public Schools. In 2009 she discovered yoga and it was instant love. She received her 200 hr. Hatha training from Shambhava yoga school along with a 100hr kids training from Prana Yoga Ayurveda Mandala Training Center in Denver. She’s been teaching youth yoga and mindfulness for the past decade and currently teaches part-time for Denver Public Schools while teaching weekly children’s yoga classes. Jenny has training in trauma-informed care through the Center for Adolescent Studies and has completed trainings at Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.
Trainer Samantha Myers
Empowering children through yoga and mindfulness, Samantha’s goal has been to create an atmosphere where youth are able to live authentic and healthy lives. She spent three years on a special cohort in collaboration with Denver Public Schools and Denver After School Alliance to help create quality, engaging curriculum, and beneficial after-school programming for local Denver youth. By providing the highest quality curriculum that is built upon Social Emotional Learning, youth acquire and can effectively apply life-long skills necessary to self-regulate, establish positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
Trainer Julie Campilio
Julie founded Radiant Beginnings in 2010 and RB’s sister brand, Roots Up in 2019. She is a yoga and mindfulness educator, consultant, author, curriculum developer, and partner in research studies on emotional wellness. She has been bringing yoga and mindfulness to diverse populations for the past 11 years and focuses her program on teaching youth how to develop tools to self-soothe and build resilience.
She has worked in private/public education, substance use centers, with underserved and high-risk youth, special needs populations and has partnered with social workers, occupational therapists, and educators to create content that supports the social and emotional needs of ages 3-18.
“The Radiant Beginnings yoga training provides a full depth of learning that is immediately able to be implemented. I loved the structure and supportive lesson plan with a ‘menu’ of options. Each piece of the plan gave me the confidence to teach! This training is taught by instructors with a wealth of knowledge with delivery techniques that reminded me of what it was like to be young again. The times flies!”
“This training was full of rich and fun information to share with kids. I am grateful to have taken with me tools to help children in a variety of formats: in schools, at home and in the studio. I left feeling confident and prepared to plan and lead a group of children at a variety of ages.”
“As an elementary special educator, I’m always looking for ways to help students love learning while developing key social skills. The Radiant Beginnings Children’s Yoga Teacher Training provided me with a phenomenal understanding of how to teach yoga and mindfulness skills in a fun and engaging way to kids. I learned concrete ways to teach kids breathing, postures, and mindfulness. Now I incorporate the skills I learned every day at school. The students and I love it! When I start lessons off with a breath or partner pose, students feel focused, calm, and energized. Additionally, it resets my mind as a teacher and gets me ready to teach when I take deep breaths with my students. Julie and the Radiant Beginnings Team are amazing! I highly recommend this training.”
Not for our children's training. This includes, parents, yoga teachers, teachers, OTs, PTs, everyone! Our trainings attract a mix of participants who all have one underlining thing in common: They want to bring yoga tools to children to help them thrive. We encourage a daily yoga practice or a 200 hour training for our tween/teen training.
Yes. Through engaging lectures, hands-on learning, and group activities, you will finish the training with the knowledge and ability to begin teaching right away. Our lesson plan structure allows you to feel confident teaching classes that everyBODY enjoys.
You can audition to teach with Radiant Beginnings or you can reach out to your local schools, libraries, day cares, hospitals and begin offering yoga classes. After the training you will be able to effectively plan and teach yoga classes to meet your students varying needs.
A pen, yoga mat and plenty of snacks and drinks. We will be taking breaks throughout the duration of the training.
As each credentialing organization has their own requirements, you should confirm with them that your training hours will apply toward your degree or continuing education requirements.
Yes. 5-7 days before the training your facilitator will send a welcome e-mail. If you have not received an email please reach out so we can be sure we have your correct contact information.
No. However, having a yoga or meditation practice will infuse your teaching with authenticity and increase your confidence in delivering the material. We encourage you to work within your own body limits to create classes that are comfortable for you. We have all abilities and ages in our trainings and welcome all!
Comfortable clothing that you can freely move around in.